FraidyCat Avatar
FraidyCat

1 Posts

03/05/2024

I think that instead of requiring unique backgrounds, split images should just be... disbarred? I know a lot of people rely on them, but actual comics would be better in every single instance. There's all this focus on effort and rendering and elements, and its always confused me as to why you can just draw these compositionally nightmarish lines across your piece when there is a focus on fundamentals and overall beauty of a work. Makes it hard to do nice work for the group *and* keep yourself economically viable compared to those who do this. I have never seen any other group do this? so whenever I see these lines zigzagging across someone's work, I know its PrimevalAge. I know it doesn't look good for portfolio work either, so I think its odd to encourage young artists to do this when they may look back on their past works and realize its confusing for any non-ARPG commissioners to know why they do that. If this was largely achieved with compositional tricks that'd be different, but its just seldom that.

So my suggestion is:

Split images must be comics.

In a group where story is encouraged I don't see the issue. Comics don't require dialog either. Other than that, I haven't much else to add that hasn't been discussed elsewhere. Largely I think the changes are fine.

No Replies Yet